Monday, August 6, 2012

Sometimes it's Hard to Come Back

Coming back to India was really hard and emotional. I woke up that morning at three to catch our flight and I wasn't feeling so well. I'm not the best traveler when I'm feeling 100%, and especially not when I start off not feeling my best. Those things of little sleep, not feeling good, and traveling never mix well with my emotions, and this day was no exception. 

Not only was I leaving a beautiful place with lots of greenery, but also a place that's always been special in my heart. After living in Thailand seven years ago I thought that God might take me back in the future. I love the country, food, traditions, and of course the people. Seeing my friends was wonderful, and afterwards difficult. Touching down back in India made me feel like I was going back into barrenness. My mind was going to the heat coupled with power outages (of course the biggest one in history happened while we were gone...praise God we weren't here), the lack of truly fresh air, the lack of greenery, the trash that lines the streets. My heart was having some seriously weak moments. That whole day I just longed to be either back in Thailand or somewhere else. I told the Lord what I was feeling and my need for His eyes and help.

The next day God was so gracious to restore me and my longings through scripture that I read and another book as well. He comforted my heart ever so quietly. I love His patience, faithfulness, and intimacy. 

India is not rich in lots of areas, but they are very rich in culture, which I love. I love the enthusiasm of being together, the community, the family love, the music and dancing, the pride for their country, and so much more. We saw a commercial over and over where people were singing of India and getting so excited...it's been stuck in my head ever since...and I really love it.

The rest of our time in Delhi was really relaxing and enjoyable. We had a great time and I was glad that we were back home in India. On our drive back to 'Kite City' I saw so many fields of green things growing. I'd passed these things before numerous times, thinking they were nice, but today they were much more than nice...they were incredible. There's actually lots of land and greenery here that I've sometimes overlooked. I took some pictures of not only the green, but the villages we drive though as well. 




When we arrived back at home and I walked inside it was so nice...my place of refuge. Thank you God for your love for me, for providing so much, for having me here in India, and for my home.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad He encouraged your heart and for His intimate care of us. I think you are so brave to be where you are. I know it is hard, but I trust there will be good fruit as a result of your work there.

    ReplyDelete