There's something about Bangkok that I love (I'm assuming it's because that's the city I lived in). This trip it seemed even nicer and more beautiful than when I was there seven years ago. I told Neal the great thing about living in India is that everywhere you go it's going to seem amazingly beautiful...because in comparison to where we live it probably is.
We stayed in a furnished apartment while there, so we had a kitchen, living room, bedroom, and an incredibly big bathroom with a huge tub. We always love having a tub to bathe Elijah in because we don't have one at home.
We were excited to have a TV because we love watching the olympics. We thought when we turned it on that it would be like it has been in years past...forgetting that we're in Asia and the sports they love are different than the ones we love in America. So, we saw lots of badminton, pingpong, shooting, a little gymnastics and a little swimming as well. We never thought we'd watch and cheer for badminton in our lives...but we really wanted India to bring home to gold.
The pool was great, however, the water was SO cold. Elijah had to get his body used to the water temp just like we did, and sometimes he didn't like it. Once he was adjusted he enjoyed the water, but especially the inch deep area where he could crawl around and the baby pool where he could stand.
Elijah liked using the kickboard with Daddy.

We got to meet up with many of my friends who still live in Bangkok. It was so great to see them and spend time with them again...I miss their dear friendships. It was cool to have them meet Neal and Elijah for the first time. And they, like everyone else, loved Elijah.
I thought we'd only get to see them that one day, but we ended up eating with some of them every night. What a blessing!
We think we might have convinced a couple of them to visit us in India once the weather is cooler.
We wanted to do something neat with Elijah that we thought he'd enjoy, so we took him to one of Asia's largest aquariums. I personally love aquariums - seeing all the bright colored fish, and of course and sharks. We weren't too sure if Elijah would be into it because he's not old enough to always know what to look at or see. But, for the most part he could see them moving and especially loved to beat on the glass.
We got a back stage pass where we could go see where the baby fish are taken care of and how everything works, go on a glass bottom boat over the big water tank, get free popcorn, icecream, and coke, and go see a 5D movie (Our comment was, "how the heck is something 5D?").
Before going on the boat they made everyone put on a lifejacket...including Elijah. It was a little big for him...as you can see his head resting on the arm hole.
Not only did Elijah enjoy crawling around in front of the big tank, but he loved the spotlight as well. Mr. Social had to wave and talk to everyone that came by. Even during peoples family photos in front of the tank Elijah would think that he should be involved. He'd crawl as fast as he could (thinking I wouldn't be able to catch him) to get over to wherever the people where. As you can see in the picture below, he's making friends with the little girl while her dad is trying to take her picture.
We really wanted Elijah to see the sharks
My friend met us for the 5D movie. It was 5D because you wore the 3D glasses, your seat moved and punched you, and big burst of air were shot in your face.
I think Elijah enjoyed the really shallow water because he could crawl out whenever he wanted. When he did he'd laugh and try to run away.
When we were laying out we looked up and noticed this big ring around the sun with a rainbow on the edge. It lasted about 20 minutes or so. We aren't sure what it was...Neal thinks an eclipse...it was really cool!
Here's the view from our balcony.
The view of the city while walking to the mall.
Don't think I mentioned this, but I got to drink my Starbuck's while we were there and it was great. There aren't any in India yet, so it's been five and a half months since I've had my caramel frappuccino...delightful! I got one everyday:)
This was the biggest R2-D2 we'd ever seen. It's so cool what they can do with legos.







It looks like such a wonderful trip!
ReplyDelete