Saturday, August 25, 2012

Conversation About Ghosts (or Demons)

One night we went with the family we lived with to the old city to break fast during Ramadan. When we arrived at the big mosque they wouldn't let us in because they wouldn't allow the women amongst the men. So, instead we went to visit some of their family who lived not too far away.

As we were walking through the dark streets the oldest daughter asked me if I believed in ghost. She followed that up by saying that I probably don't, but there were ghost in that part of the city. I told her that I didn't believe in ghost, but I did believe in demons/evil spirits. She told me that she and her mom have seen the ghost. She was in shock the first time she saw one. I asked her what they looked like and she explained that they're like a big form of darkness. She's never seen their faces, but only their hands, "big, dark hands that are very dangerous." She then pointed to another side street we were walking by and said lots of them are on that street, and that she saw one on the corner we were passing.

I told her how the Bible says that Jesus is more powerful than demons. When He was around someone who had a demon inside He would just speak to the demon and they would listen to him and do whatever He said because He was more powerful. She said that the Quran said the same things about Jesus. I went on to explain that because my husband and I believe in Jesus and follow Him He lives within us and is always with us. Therefore, we don't have to be afraid when we are around demons, because the one who is in us is more powerful than they are. 




No comments:

Post a Comment