Saturday, May 19, 2012

Our Cleaner and Her Boys

When we hired a lady to wash our dishes and clean our house we didn't know the package would come with her two youngest boys. She is such a precious, gentle spirited woman, but her boys aren't always as gentle. I guess with boys you can expect things like hitting each other, jumping on each others backs, running around, grabbing, pushing, and moving your furniture. It hasn't always been so easy to love the boys when they don't listen to the rules in your house. However, one thing about it is they love Elijah, and he loves them. I've tried to practice loving them well and doing things with them like sitting down and reading a book, or letting them sit and play with Elijah. They are good about sharing their toys or other things, like sunglasses, with Elijah, which is very kind. They like it when he plays with their things. 

The local people have told me to not allow the boys into my house. They've also said to not trust my cleaning lady and to always watch everything she does. However, since I want to follow the teachings of Jesus I know that showing love and kindness to this woman and her children is all part of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment