I have two thoughts in regards to the title "Eating is a Luxury":
First, being a mom of two small children I've come to realize just that, that eating is a luxury. If you actually have the time to put food in your own mouth it's awesome. Each meal my focus is on making sure my kids get fed and during dinner my husband as well. Neal's really good about helping me when he's here, so usually he helps feed Elise, or makes sure Elijah's food isn't going all over him when we sit down together in the evenings. But, when the kids are on different nap schedules during the day, and when lunch time for one and the beginning of nap time for the other are at the same time, it's hard to think about your own needs in regards to food. I've heated, reheated, and reheated my food so many times it's practically tasteless. But, that's ok, and that's just the normal life of a mom :)
Second thought in regards to the title is that eating is a luxury for so many people. Living in India makes me realize the plethora of food that comes in and out of my house. Not only does my family have plenty, we have over abundantly. I'm not complaining about that because I feel so blessed. But I realize how much I have when I talk to poorer families who tell me they ate rice and bread for dinner. Or, their kids ate a portion smaller than my fist and then went to bed. For many of he poorer communities here that size portion is even an abundant blessing.
"Give us this day our daily bread..." (Matthew 6:11)
Honestly, these words aren't something I've ever had to pray. But for so many here in India I'm sure they plead with the Lord for just that, because to them, eating is a luxury.
First, being a mom of two small children I've come to realize just that, that eating is a luxury. If you actually have the time to put food in your own mouth it's awesome. Each meal my focus is on making sure my kids get fed and during dinner my husband as well. Neal's really good about helping me when he's here, so usually he helps feed Elise, or makes sure Elijah's food isn't going all over him when we sit down together in the evenings. But, when the kids are on different nap schedules during the day, and when lunch time for one and the beginning of nap time for the other are at the same time, it's hard to think about your own needs in regards to food. I've heated, reheated, and reheated my food so many times it's practically tasteless. But, that's ok, and that's just the normal life of a mom :)
Second thought in regards to the title is that eating is a luxury for so many people. Living in India makes me realize the plethora of food that comes in and out of my house. Not only does my family have plenty, we have over abundantly. I'm not complaining about that because I feel so blessed. But I realize how much I have when I talk to poorer families who tell me they ate rice and bread for dinner. Or, their kids ate a portion smaller than my fist and then went to bed. For many of he poorer communities here that size portion is even an abundant blessing.
"Give us this day our daily bread..." (Matthew 6:11)
Honestly, these words aren't something I've ever had to pray. But for so many here in India I'm sure they plead with the Lord for just that, because to them, eating is a luxury.
No comments:
Post a Comment