I was driving home from the market one night when I noticed something very unusual coming towards me. It was a group of people having some type of parade. I then ran upstairs and told Kristen to go to the terrace to check things out. This is what we saw...
All of these people were walking and our friends told us it was a special Shia celebration (Shia is a small sect of the Muslim religion. They carried a banner and had drummers in the front. There also was a super long pole that one guy carried. He almost hit the electricity lines plenty of times.
At the back end were a bunch of kids and policemen escorting this unusually decorated "shrine" of some type. I do not know what the significance of all this is but it certainly is one more reason that living here can be so interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment