One evening Neal and Elijah stayed down in our garage for Elijah to play with the other kids in the apartment complex while I went on up to our house to start dinner. I hear a knock at the door a few minutes later and it's our gatekeepers youngest daughter. She asked if Elijah could come up to our house to play. I knew she was just down stairs with he and Neal, so I told her she'd have to go ask Neal since he had him. Then she just stood there and I could tell she wanted to come in to be with me. I told her I was making some American food if she wanted to come in and help. She was more that happy to come in.
We made spaghetti, so she helped me stir the noodles and sauce, and cut the mushrooms and tomatos.
When Elijah and Neal got back home, Elijah was so excited that we had a guest helping me in the kitchen. He started dancing and clapping.
Right before we started putting the chicken into the sauce she asked me if the noodles were ready, and they were. So, before I realized what she was doing, she got a big spoon full of the noodles and dumped them into the sauce (you can see the pile of noodles in the middle). I laughed and told her that we put the sauce over the noodles later.
No one really eats cow meat here, so we use chicken in our spaghetti. As she finished the last piece of chicken her brother came in to watch.
She was such a good helper!

LOVE IT!
ReplyDelete