For my birthday I really wanted to celebrate by eating something similar to home...although I know it wouldn't be anything like a cookout and fireworks at my parents house, which is the way I've pretty much always celebrated my birthday. So, we decided we'd go to Delhi for a short time where we could swim, eat at Chili's, and go to a movie, which is just what we did. Neal did his best to make my birthday really special, and he did a great job.
The hotel found out that it was my birthday, so with the flowers they also delivered a birthday cake. The coffee table was the best place to put the cake, which meant it was within Elijah's reach. Before we knew it, Elijah had pulled up on the table and stuck his hand in the cake. Honestly, it was the cutest thing to see his little handprint on top and chocolate on his little fingers.
After swimming we bathed Elijah in the sink because there's no tub. He's a little too big for the sink, but he liked playing with the water pouring out of the faucet.
Although my birthday was really different, it was still very special.


I'm glad you had a special day! I love that Elijah reached up and put his hand in your cake, too. So sweet. I thought about you on your birthday. Love you, dear girl.
ReplyDelete2 things: hahaha about sweet smells being hard to come by. SO TRUE!!!! and i LOVE the picture of elijah in the sink...that one's a keeper. too cute.
ReplyDelete