One night while visiting the family they asked if we wanted to go to the park after dinner. We started walking down the street in the direction of the park where Neal, Elijah and I like to go. She asked if this was the park I went to when I went walking and I of course said yes it was. Then we discussed how much we enjoyed this park and how I was surprised it was open at night, etc.
As we approached the grassy median in the middle of the intersection I started walking around it in the direction I would normally go to get to the park. Oddly, they started walking toward the median, so I thought we were just going to walk through as a shortcut. Little did I know...when we stepped onto the grassy area the daughter turned to me and said, "Isn't this nice...it's the University Park." To my astonishment this little area surrounded my the roundabout in the street was filled with people sitting, laughing, and hanging out. 'Park' isn't quite the word I'd use to describe the place, but it was fun with the family none the less.
Neal, the dad, and the two youngest kids all played tag. It was a hot night, so when they were finished they took a rest on the only bench like spot in the 'park'.
Us women sat and watched as they played tag. Elijah was our entertainment (keeping him from eating the grass).
Then the second daughter took Elijah to play tag with the younger kids. They ran around the center monument like they were running away from Elijah...he loved it!

No comments:
Post a Comment