Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Making a new friend

So I made a new friend here in Garden City in the most unusual way.

We bumped into each other.... literally.

I was driving home late one night on the scooter (actually one I was borrowing),
and I realized that I missed the turn and slowed down quickly.

Some people follow a little to close here, and suddenly we slid into each other,
he nudged me from behind.

In his defense I might should have slowed down more and not thrown on the brakes...
(don't freak out Mom, its ok :) It was raining earlier so it made the street slick.

none the less I got up and was surprised that he asked if I was ok... which the answer was yes.

He found I was a foreigner (and surprisingly did not get mad and ask for money).

He then asked if I was liking the city and if we needed any help.

WOW! What kindness to think of me when I am slamming into people!

So we talked some more and he said that he could help me with any business needs I had.

We are planning to go to the market and shop for
fabrics for our new clothing business soon
(more coming on that later).

He also came and met me on his only day off from work later on.



Fah brought me a box full of ice cream from the shop he works at... it had dried fruits and honey in it, Yum (It is a quite expensive brand actually)! I took it inside and then we went out on his bike to go and see our new flat.



On the way to the flat, we got a flat... a flat tire!
So we walked it down the road a little ways and found someone to fix it.
It was going to be a lot of expense for him (2-3 days wages), 
but I did not mind paying for it for him.
(after all I already had injured his bike once.)

Afterward we went to get coffee and chatted 
for a bit.



He then had to go back to work and finish the rest of the evening selling more ice cream,
 so we parted ways.

Thank you God for giving me a great new friend!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment