Almost every night since we arrived we've heard drums, fireworks, and excited people in the streets from 10 to 12 at night. At first we thought this was some Hindu celebration. Then we were told that this was wedding season. Since the weather is pleasant right now it's a great time for people to get married. The fabulous thing is the huge celebration and effort put into weddings here. Wedding celebrations can last up to three days. First, the wedding parade and ceremony. The next day the groom goes with a huge entourage to get his bride from her home. The third day you have the reception for everyone. Neal took this video from our street of the groom being carried to the main celebration. We love it!
Hey there - My name is Paige and I was in the Fusion group that your parents are a part of at Liberty Church in Arab. Just wanted you to know that your post card is on my fridge and I pray for you when it catches my eye (often). I absolutely adore following your blog and seeing your adventures in India. I hope y'all are well and if there's any specific prayer need that you have please let me know! I'm truly captivated by your journey! My email address is LPSmotherman@gmail.com if you guys need anything!
ReplyDeletePraying for you in Christ,
Paige :)