Elijah James - August 24th at 2:49 pm8 pounds, 7 ounces
19 inches long
August 24th, 2011 was the big day that our baby boy arrived. The day was planned out in my mind (Kristen's) and I couldn't wait! I was so excited to see, hold, and kiss my baby. We'd been imagining what he would look like, how long he'd be, what he would weigh, would he have hair. All these questions would be answered on this day.
God showed Himself that day that He had everything under control and planned out!
After giving me the spinal they had Neal come in to be there for his birth. It was a very emotional time. I couldn't feel or see anything from my chest down, but I could hear what was going on. It seemed that my heart and breathing were so strange. The sweet nurse at my head would whisper in my ear that I was doing good and I was okay. She would also periodically wipe the tears streaming down my cheeks since I couldn't move my arms and hands. My tears were from thankfulness to the Lord for saving my boy from something terrible. As long as they got him here safe, as the mom you don't care what they do to you. They were all so sweet and a blessing to me in that room that day. Every nurse and doctor was patient and kind and I was so grateful! When I felt them pull him out and heard his cry for the first time my heart was so appreciative and my eyes could not keep from weeping - oh, the Lord is so good to us! I just loved the sound of my precious baby boy! Neal was so excited as well! He went over with them to weigh and measure him - 8 pounds, 7 ounces, and 19 inches long. Neal yelled over to me his weight and said, "Good job baby!" It was so precious! The doctor was right about the cord - wrapped around his legs two times.
Because of the c-section I couldn't hold Elijah for the first few hours. They brought him to my head all wrapped up in the blanket and let me look at his adorable face. Oh what an amazing moment! Joy and love flooded my heart and I just looked at him, kissed his face and told him how much I loved him and how beautiful he was. Then they wheeled him off with Neal to go get his bath and I stayed to be stitched back up and wait for the recovery room.
So many people came to see us in the hospital. It was such a blessing. It was so neat watching our family and friends hold him and just awe over what God had knit together in my womb. He of course slept a lot, but there were times when he was wide awake and very alert. Every time Neal would go get him from the nursery he would be looking around the room and moving his arms (if they were free from his blanket).


I thank the Lord so much for having everything under His control. He knew that Elijah needed to come on the 24th because he wouldn't be able to handle hard labor. Thank you God for your wisdom and direction in order to bring our healthy little boy into this world. Help us to raise him to know and love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment