He's 6 Weeks!
I can't believe Elijah is already six weeks old! Gosh, time has flown by so fast, and he's grown so much. Being parents has been so wonderful. Although most of everything you do centers around what he's doing, you wouldn't wish for it to be any different. It's funny how you learn to time things just right with taking a shower, eating, cleaning, etc. Doing things quickly is a must:)

For me, Kristen, motherhood has been so wonderful! I praise God that He blessed Neal with a job that can support us without me having to work. I love staying home with my sweet boy. I spend a lot of time laughing and smiling at some of the precious things he does. He's making so many great faces now and noises. He smiles a lot more, especially when his belly and diaper are full:) He loves to stick his tongue out and give a half smile that shows his dimples...so cute! His hands always have to be involved in whatever he's doing. Although it's frustrating to him sometimes when he can't eat because he wants to sneak his finger in his mouth, it doesn't stop him from doing it. He gives me this look like, "I don't understand why this isn't working." I love his little brow when all the skin scrunches together to produce little wrinkles...he gets this from me except for the fact that mine isn't cute. It's also so neat being the mom and being the one that can comfort him. I've always held babies and when they get upset I've given then to the one they're crying for, which has never been me. But now, my heart just soars when I'm the one he's crying for, and I'm the one who can comfort him. This will always hold a special place in my heart.

At night when I'm rocking him to sleep I'll sing him the song I wrote for him and then the song "The Old Rugged Cross". My mom sang that song to us at night when it was bedtime, and so it's very special to me. When I sing the song I sometimes can't help but cry. Holding my son and thinking about how God gave His son for us just makes me weep. It makes the reality of what God did by giving Jesus that much sweeter and it comes alive so much more. I told God the first time I sang it that I had such gratitude for what He did because I didn't think I could ever give my son for the world...what an amazing love He has for us. Honestly, I can say that I do "cherish the old rugged cross." What a beautiful sacrifice that I will never deserve. Thank you God!
LOVE the pictures and the things you wrote, although i think your wrinkles on your forehaed are very cute!
ReplyDelete