Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Sickness...& Craziness

One thing that tends to go hand in hand with living in India is sickness. We've never really been sick too terribly, praise the Lord. But, there seems to be something that's happening usually every month or every other month with someone. This time it's the girls.

Today was one of those days that just seemed like it couldn't get any crazier! The Lord was really great in keeping me calm though - praise Him!

I feel like I can't make this stuff up, which is why I'm writing it.

This afternoon I walk into Elijah's room to find him standing and peeing on his balcony! What in the world! That has nothing to do with sickness, but I couldn't believe what I was seeing. He's never done anything like that. When I asked why he did it, he replied, "I just thought I wanted to pee here." What?! Anyways...that's random. On to why I was writing this and about sickness :)

Neal left around 5:30 to go to a cricket match with a friend. It's his first match, so he was pretty excited. I was thankful he was getting to go!

It was me and the kids for the night, so we headed off to pick up some eggs from the near by shop for me to cook for dinner. I'm thankful for eggs because they're a staple food regardless of where you live!

 Elijah's really into being independent and walking on the sidewalk by himself without holding hands now. He's also really into helping me, so I let me carry our new bloom home.

Elise gets to be independent from holding my hand periodically, but only when the traffic isn't much. And of course she needed to wear her crown :)

After we returned from the store Elijah asked if he could take a shower before dinner, which he's wanting to do all the time now, no doubt a first. I think being in the 100 degree heat with no AC really makes you want to bathe. So, we all did our bathes/showers prior to dinner.

During that time I started smelling something and I looked around at each kid asking if someone was pooping. (The girls have had some really bad diarrhea over the last four days. It's come on really suddenly for both of them, so much so that Elise seldom makes it to the toilet before she's done half of it in her pants.) Elijah and Elise were shaking their heads and I looked down at Norah, and that's when I realized she was exploding some diarrhea in her little tub. I quickly got her out and double bathed her.

After I'd finished with each kid I sent them into my room to start putting on their lotion and pjs. As I was finishing cleaning out Norah's bucket tub, I looked out to check on the kids. Elise was standing with her legs wide open peeing on my rug and the bottom of my comforter! What?! Seriously? You and your brother in the same day just decide to pee somewhere random for the first time ever. I was in shock that she was doing that. So, I cleaned it up after getting everyones pjs on. Then off to make dinner.

After dinner Elise starts running into the bathroom cause she's having some diarrhea. Unfortunately she'd already started, so when she takes off her diaper and climbs onto the toilet it gets on other things as well. Then Norah kept crawling into the bathroom. I finally, after the second or third time taking her out, got Norah in her seat that she couldn't get out of. Then I gave Elise another half bath, cleaned the bathroom, and washed her clothes.

I get the movie going for Elijah and Elise and then go to pick up Norah...and I smell something. I realize that where she'd crawled into the bathroom some poop had gotten on the front of her pjs. So, I washed her hands and go to change her. Then I see where it's coming out onto her legs where she's had diarrhea again! Sniffing my own pjs I know it's gotten on me as well. So, Norah got a half bath and her clothes washed. Then I changed my clothes.

Whoo! So much can take place in just two and a half hours since Neal left!

Heal Elise and Norah Lord!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment