Monday, March 17, 2014

Reflecting on Leaving Saj and Looking Ahead

It's hard to believe that the going to Kite City, as well as the coming back has already happened. Two years has flown. There were moments that seemed to last a life time, and others that flew by way to fast. As I sit here in my parents sunroom it's hard to wrap my mind around the fact that what we prepared for, learned about, poured our lives into, spent hours of prayer over is now life passed. Not that I won't continue to pray or keep in contact with the friends we made, but it's like the life that was so anticipated for, and then lived in went by in a flash and it seems surreal.

Reflecting on my time in Kite City is something Neal and I do often. When I look back I think about friends that I won't live with again, both American and Indian, and it makes my heart sad. I wish I could take those people with me when we return to Garden City, India.

My dearest local friend was no doubt Saj. I'd love to have her move to Garden City and continue to come to my house everyday. (I pray for a woman to help me clean my house that's just as dear to me as she was. A woman just as ready for the Good News as Saj.) I've been blessed beyond measure through that woman over the last two years. She gave her all serving and loving my family. When I left with the kids to head to Delhi the day the movers came, it was hard to let go of her embrace. We both wept. She not only clung to me, but to Elise's hand as well. Once in the car she stood at the windows to wave and watched as we drove down the street out of sight.

It sounds terrible, but I didn't grieve leaving then. Neal and I were under more stress than we'd ever been before and we were just ready for it to be over. Yes it was hard saying goodbye knowing it was possibly forever (hopefully not, but possibly). But I longed for the tension to leave and as well to see my family again. I think it will hit when I'm living in Garden City and praying for and trying to find new friends and a woman to clean.

Sometimes I think the enemy enjoys planting lies into my heart that God won't bless us again the way He did before. I know this isn't true, but it's a battle within that I face often.

I am excited about the future and finding a new home, new friends, new ready people, etc. As well I look forward to the news that my prayers for Saj and her family have come into fruition and they will be with me forever before the throne.


No comments:

Post a Comment