All of our friends loved getting to meet Elise. They were thrilled when we returned to find out we had a baby girl. It's illegal here in India to find out the sex of the baby, although so many do without any problems. But, for that reason no one knew we were having a girl until we returned. They all say, "Your family is now complete - one boy and one girl." Only the Lord knows His plan for our family being complete or not :)
The night we arrived our gatekeepers two youngest daughters (far left and middle) and their cousin came straight to our home in order to hold baby Elise. They visit often.
Our cleaner...she's always been so kind to Elijah, and now baby Elise. I love the fact that she truly loves my children. She was as well thrilled that we had a "buchi" (baby girl).
Our gatekeepers wife didn't hold Elise the night we returned (this picture was taken a few days later) because she was busy helping me clean our house before the sunset so that we'd still have light. I was so thankful for her help because without her and her youngest daughter it would have taken me most of the night. She even did extra that I didn't plan to do just to bless us. Thank you God!
We went to visit the family we used to live with as well as celebrate their daughters birthday. The mom couldn't wait to hold her. Basically as soon as I walked in and sat down on the bed and came right over to take her from me.
Her youngest of five was born in November of last year, so the two babies are pretty close in age. Of course my friends little girl was loving having a smaller baby around. She wanted to touch her and get really close to her face all night.
Two of Neal's good friends came over for dinner. One of them had already met Elise, so he was telling the other all about her and her name, etc.Later that night Elise started to cry a little and one of the guys looked at Neal and I and said, "Quick, give her the nipple." It was a little awkward. Neal and I just looked at each other not really knowing what to say to these two young single Indian guys...cause I wasn't about to do what I thought he was suggesting in front of them:) Then we realized he was talking about her passy and just didn't know the name for it. This still makes Neal and I laugh!
Our gatekeepers youngest daughter is in our home basically everyday. She's either playing with Elijah's toys, reading books, playing hide and seek with Elijah, eating pizza with us and watching a movie, or holding Elise. She obviously enjoys being with our family and we're thankful for her.




No comments:
Post a Comment