Walking through the long hallways there in the Delhi airport felt so normal. I'd walked those halls many times, so it was a sweet taste of familiarity as compared to my first time arriving from America. However, I could already feel the increase in temperature and stuffiness compared to the plane, and especially the land I'd just come from.
We were thankful that all of our bags arrived, and all intact! Neal and I pushed the two carts, with all six of our bags, carry-ons, and Elise's carseat piled up, as I pulled Elijah backwards in the stroller. We were the sight to see...as we usually are even without our bags:)
We headed outside to find one of the old taxi vans that we could all cram into and BOOM...the air smacked us in the face. It felt like a sweaty locker room that hadn't been aired out in decades. It seemed to hit me this time even worse than the times before. I think it being monsoon season there was humidity coupled with the heat, polluted air, and bad smells, which amplify everything. But, the drive to the hotel was calm and there was a nice breeze coming through the windows. There's not much traffic of cars, motorcycles, bicycles, people, animals, etc. at one in the morning, so we enjoyed the calmness.
Elise got to lay on the cozy bed for the first time that Elijah has always loved.
Elijah was thrilled to introduce her to how fun it is to jump on the bed (like he's not supposed to do) and play in the middle of the pillows. To him that's the first thing you do when we arrive at the hotel in Delhi:)
Going to the front desk, breakfast area, and just walking through the hotel I was reminded of the theme song from Cheers, "Sometimes you want to go, where everybody knows your name. And they're always glad you came." This is the feeling I always get from the staff, and it was a warm welcome back.
We took Elijah and Elise to see their pediatrician and get more shots, which is never fun for any of us. On our way there and back we saw a plethora of beggars, men, woman, and children (who are always the hardest to see). Although I hadn't forgotten the masses who beg, it had been so long since I'd been around it that it was like a fresh wound to my heart. "How can so many actually live this way? How can you actually help the masses? Why, why do the innocent children have to spend there days not in school but going to peoples windows asking for money?" We saw families sleeping by the road, with the little kids only wearing tops covered in dirt. Only God knows the answers to these questions...our disobedience in the garden brought about such things that raise such questions.
Sweet Elijah sat up tall in the car and smiled and waved to some of the men and boys. It was precious watching him express love to the people in such a simple way. Being a mom makes me so thankful that by Gods grace it's not my family on the street, but it's only Gods grace that I'm not, and not because His love is greater for me by any means.
This diverse country makes me so thankful that I know the Lord more than I ever have before because I'm reminded again, after just a couple days back, how I couldn't do it without Him.
It's good to be back cause Neal and I were both ready to come, but I wasn't looking forward to going back home to Kite City. For some reason Elijah and I had both caught a cold or something giving us a cough at night. I also just wasn't feeling good and almost passed out one evening. I was thinking about how tough it is to live in Kite City...the frustration of disorder, not having western food options only Indian unless I make it (I don't like Indian food except for two or three things that I can eat periodically, but not often), making everything from scratch after its been thoroughly cleaned for a while, holding my kids on the scooter as we drive through the crazy streets with crazy drivers, people and animals (this brings me more stress than anything else), returning to the girl down stairs who knocks on my door three plus times a day to come play with Elijah (sometimes I'm fine with her coming in, but other times I don't want someone in my home for hours who rearranges my things, wants to see and know everything I'm doing, and won't leave when I politely say its time), having to think and speak to everyone in Urdu/Hindi knowing my mind and tongue was so struggling to speak, etc, etc. So many reasons I wasn't ready to return yet.
However, God in his gentle way healed me to the point where I wasn't feeling sick or like passing out (only coughing at night). He also helped strengthen my heart and strengthened me emotionally to where I was not only ready, but desiring to head home to Kite City. He covered all the things I was struggling with and in tears over just the day before. He's so sweet to me! Thank you Lord!
We were thankful that all of our bags arrived, and all intact! Neal and I pushed the two carts, with all six of our bags, carry-ons, and Elise's carseat piled up, as I pulled Elijah backwards in the stroller. We were the sight to see...as we usually are even without our bags:)
We headed outside to find one of the old taxi vans that we could all cram into and BOOM...the air smacked us in the face. It felt like a sweaty locker room that hadn't been aired out in decades. It seemed to hit me this time even worse than the times before. I think it being monsoon season there was humidity coupled with the heat, polluted air, and bad smells, which amplify everything. But, the drive to the hotel was calm and there was a nice breeze coming through the windows. There's not much traffic of cars, motorcycles, bicycles, people, animals, etc. at one in the morning, so we enjoyed the calmness.
Elise got to lay on the cozy bed for the first time that Elijah has always loved.
Elijah was thrilled to introduce her to how fun it is to jump on the bed (like he's not supposed to do) and play in the middle of the pillows. To him that's the first thing you do when we arrive at the hotel in Delhi:)
Going to the front desk, breakfast area, and just walking through the hotel I was reminded of the theme song from Cheers, "Sometimes you want to go, where everybody knows your name. And they're always glad you came." This is the feeling I always get from the staff, and it was a warm welcome back.
We took Elijah and Elise to see their pediatrician and get more shots, which is never fun for any of us. On our way there and back we saw a plethora of beggars, men, woman, and children (who are always the hardest to see). Although I hadn't forgotten the masses who beg, it had been so long since I'd been around it that it was like a fresh wound to my heart. "How can so many actually live this way? How can you actually help the masses? Why, why do the innocent children have to spend there days not in school but going to peoples windows asking for money?" We saw families sleeping by the road, with the little kids only wearing tops covered in dirt. Only God knows the answers to these questions...our disobedience in the garden brought about such things that raise such questions.
Sweet Elijah sat up tall in the car and smiled and waved to some of the men and boys. It was precious watching him express love to the people in such a simple way. Being a mom makes me so thankful that by Gods grace it's not my family on the street, but it's only Gods grace that I'm not, and not because His love is greater for me by any means.
This diverse country makes me so thankful that I know the Lord more than I ever have before because I'm reminded again, after just a couple days back, how I couldn't do it without Him.
It's good to be back cause Neal and I were both ready to come, but I wasn't looking forward to going back home to Kite City. For some reason Elijah and I had both caught a cold or something giving us a cough at night. I also just wasn't feeling good and almost passed out one evening. I was thinking about how tough it is to live in Kite City...the frustration of disorder, not having western food options only Indian unless I make it (I don't like Indian food except for two or three things that I can eat periodically, but not often), making everything from scratch after its been thoroughly cleaned for a while, holding my kids on the scooter as we drive through the crazy streets with crazy drivers, people and animals (this brings me more stress than anything else), returning to the girl down stairs who knocks on my door three plus times a day to come play with Elijah (sometimes I'm fine with her coming in, but other times I don't want someone in my home for hours who rearranges my things, wants to see and know everything I'm doing, and won't leave when I politely say its time), having to think and speak to everyone in Urdu/Hindi knowing my mind and tongue was so struggling to speak, etc, etc. So many reasons I wasn't ready to return yet.
However, God in his gentle way healed me to the point where I wasn't feeling sick or like passing out (only coughing at night). He also helped strengthen my heart and strengthened me emotionally to where I was not only ready, but desiring to head home to Kite City. He covered all the things I was struggling with and in tears over just the day before. He's so sweet to me! Thank you Lord!

I'm glad you made it safely back and had such an encouraging time with your family beforehand. Thanking God with you for the way He has strengthened your heart and praying He continues to do so!
ReplyDelete