As my friend and I were out on a walk we decided to pray through the streets we were walking. We got to see some typical sights for us, since we live here in India, but they aren't very typical for those who have never been here. So, I wanted to share them.
Here we have a street with little shops and a veggie stand. Everything is sold here by local people in small local shops. The fruits and veggies are always fresh...maybe that's stretching it. I should say, the fruits and veggies here aren't pumped with things that make them last longer, so you only get ones are are relatively fresh and in season. To me, this is nice.
My friend and I actually met two girls who wanted to take us to their house for chai, which is common. They told us they lived pretty far away...we just didn't know how far. We walked through the huge neighborhood we were in, past another neighborhood, over the big main road that runs on the outskirts of town, through a small village, and off the beaten path out in the middle of no where. We were thankful we had each other and weren't alone with the girls, so far from home, and the sun going down so quickly.
As we walked we saw the goat shepherds with their herd of goats (I'm assuming those are the correct names, but I'm not sure). I always love to see all the goats because they're really cute and most of them have little bells around their necks, and of cause they're making their own sounds.
I'm not sure exactly why, but most of the goats wear little clothes, and one even had on a blue jean outfit. That takes a lot of material, time, and probably money to cloth all those animals, but that's what they do here. Maybe they want them to look good when they're ready to be sold...maybe. My friend and I were both taking pictures and laughing, although it's again another common sight for us.
As we walked home God gave us a beautiful sunset right over the village. My heart was very thankful! Afterwards, we randomly (the Lord!) found an auto rickshaw to take us home. I say 'randomly' because in my city there's mostly just bicycle rickshaws, especially in this part of town. But, God's always gracious, and we were thankful.


No comments:
Post a Comment