In between having three different families over on Christmas, and two unexpected visitors, we had a great and pretty typical Christmas.
Elijah ran into the family room, spotted his stocking, and grabbed the bear from the top while I was cooking breakfast. Neal and I laughed because he came running out of the room as fast as his could with both arms around the bear smiling. It was too cute!
Elijah stopped from running through the house excitedly just long enough to watch Neal shave his face. Then he started putting his own hand up to his face and moving it around as if he was shaving...it won't be too long son.
Our dobhi was one of our unexpected guest, but someone who's always welcome. He'd made a special trip to our house to bring us some good Indian breakfast to eat on Christmas. I fixed he and Neal some coffee as they ate. I'm not a fan of tons of Indian food, and especially not for breakfast, however, this was actually an exception...it was really good. It was such a kind thing to do!
Then our breakfast was ready. The monkey bread we thought looked great and almost like a cake. The breakfast casserole also came out really good...thanks mom for the recipe!
Stocking time! Elijah loved pulling the stuff out of his stocking...he was a pro by the end. In the picture with Neal, Elijah's holding his new toothbrush, which was one of his favorite things in his stocking besides his bear. He loves to brush his teeth...must take after his Mama:)
I think Neal was just as excited...no, probably more excited about two of Elijah's gifts - one from my sister and one from my brother and sister-in-law. Oh yes, an Alabama jersey (Neal was jealous) and a tool belt with a hammer, tape measure, and screwdriver.
We got Neal's language helper to take a picture of the three of us before dinner. He did a good job. He was proud of himself.
I was so thankful that even our Indian friend liked the Christmas chicken casserole, green beans, and mashed potatos. I was curious if he'd like the food since he doesn't eat anything but Indian food. I was pleasantly surprised. We gave him some masala (Indian spices) to sprinkle on the food, but he ate seconds just like Neal.
Elijah loved using the spoon and having his own plate of food without our help, although not much food got into his mouth.
It was a great Christmas and it was very nice being here in India for Jesus' birthday! Although we kept a lot of traditions we had in the states we made some new traditions as well, mostly involving friends we've made here.






Elijah looks adorable in his tool belt and jersey, and you look gorgeous as always! I'm glad you had some special people to share Christmas with, and that they even enjoyed the American food, too!
ReplyDelete