India's Vise President came here to Kite City to visit the University. We heard that he was coming and we were excited knowing that was really great for our city, however, we had no idea the problems it would bring. Everything is an adventure here!
Neal came home and asked if Elijah and I would like for him to take us out to the coffee shop. We, of course, were delighted to go. It was a beautiful day with a great breeze, especially on the motorcycle. As we turned down the street heading toward the coffee shop we noticed a lot of traffic that was stopped at the intersection, which of course doesn't have a red light. We drove up to see what was happening, and remembered the vise president coming. So, the traffic was stopped for his people to supposedly be able to drive through. The only problem was the traffic was stopped on both sides causing nothing but a big standstill.
After trying to travel on a different road that had the same problem, we ended up coming back and waiting probably 30 minutes. Periodically people would push their way through the traffic, but with Elijah and I sitting side saddle it was way too close for us to do that. So, Neal turned around to park the motorcycle while Elijah and I walked to the coffee shop through all the traffic. It was so funny...I've never seen anything like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment