Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Enjoying Life and our Terrace

I've enjoyed sitting out on our terrace each morning, and sometimes in the afternoon, as Elijah plays. For me it's always seemed to draw me closer to the Lord when I'm outside seeing nature and feeling the breeze whip through my hair. It's very peaceful in the mornings with few motorcycles going by blowing their horns, so it's a great time to read my Bible and talk to the Lord. 

Lately I've had such peace in my soul and a joyous feeling thinking that this is my home. I delight in living here and I feel very safe, familiar, comfortable, and happy to be in this city. With the cooler weather it's been wonderful leaving our doors open with only the screen closed and all of our windows open to let in the outside air. This is the first place I've ever lived where I've slept with all windows and doors open. This is also the only place I've ever lived where I have a big iron gate with a screen on it in front of all of my doors. 

The sky was so beautiful right before the weather got cold at night and the poor started making fires all throughout the city. Now it's foggy looking because there's a smoke cloud covering the sky. So glad I took this picture and the two at the bottom when I did.



Elijah loves to run around and look over the side at the vehicles passing or the children playing across the street. He waves and yells at the people below.

Elijah knows he's not to touch Mama's flowers or play in the pots, so he gets as close as he can - standing between them, laying between them, holding onto the pot and looking at the dirt that he's not to touch. I'm sure he stuck his hand in it right after the picture.



Cleaning with the little broom and dust pan is something Elijah's come to enjoy. Sometimes he even follows my cleaner around our house with the broom cleaning like she does. It's so cute!



1 comment:

  1. we miss him!!!!! and you 2:) what a cutie we love his little personality!

    ReplyDelete