I always love Christmas time! Although I don't like the way America has made it into a time of shopping and Santa instead of Jesus, I still enjoy all the traditions. Honestly, this will be the time of year when my heart will probably long for my family and America when I'm in India. However, regardless of where we are, Christmas can and will always be celebrated as the precious day when, "The word became flesh and made his dwelling among us." (John 1:14) WOW! It's a hard thing to fathom the deity of Christ. Thank you God for allowing us to see your glory through Jesus.
Getting ready for Christmas was quit fun. We stayed up late one night in order to get everything wrapped and ready. Neal took care of Elijah while I wrapped the presents.
Elijah was actually the center of most of our presents as you can see from the array of pictures and photo albums.

Elijah had a lot of fun with Daddy!
Each year we celebrate with Neal's family the evening of the 23rd and the morning of the 24th, and then with my family the evening of the 24th and all day the 25th. I've always liked that it worked out where we could see both families for Christmas. Having Elijah there made it even that much more fun!
Christmas at the Bond's
On their Christmas Eve after getting back from eating at Red Lobster, seeing the lights, going to Crispy Cream, going caroling at a friends house, and reading the Christmas story from the big family Bible, we found out that Neal's dad got a job! We've been praying for this for almost a year now. Praise the Lord for providing!
Before getting started with stockings and presents we had a time of reading the story of Jesus from the book "The Gift". Then we all prayed for one another, which was so encouraging.
Before getting started with stockings and presents we had a time of reading the story of Jesus from the book "The Gift". Then we all prayed for one another, which was so encouraging.
One of Elijah's new favorite things to do is grab and pull things, so it was perfect for opening presents!Everyone enjoyed having him there so much. It's great how special little kids make things, even when they are just babies.
Christmas at the Cothran's
I love this picture of my dad with Elijah sticking their tongues out at one another! Elijah's tongue is so little you can barely even see it - so cute!
Our family tradition is to get pajamas on Christmas Eve and get our picture made in front of the fireplace.
(It was strange not having my brother Michael in the picture. This was his first year to ever be away, but I know he enjoyed being with his fiance.)
Before doing anything else we read the story from Luke of the first Christmas when Jesus came as a baby. Normally my dad reads the story, but this year Neal got to. Then we started a new tradition by singing happy birthday to Jesus. We had a candle for Him in a piece of cheesecake:)
With Christmas falling on a Sunday we went to my families church after doing our stocking and eating breakfast casserole. Sadly, I have to confess that I've never liked Christmas being on Sunday, which I know is horrible, but I'm just being honest. However, when we sang songs in worship of our savior Jesus, and listened to the pastor talk about the present from God is His presence, it was awesome. Seeing people you know and meeting new people was such a joy. I loved that time, and my heart was filled with thanksgiving to God for that body of believers, and believers in
Jesus everywhere.
On Christmas night my mom always does a big meal, and my brother Daniel and his family come to join us. She always decorates the table so nice.
Here's the whole Cothran crew (minus Michael and Rebecca)



No comments:
Post a Comment