Two days ago were Elijah's first shots. I know they are necessary, and I'm thankful for them, but I sure didn't like it! I'd been praying for him leading up to that day. I was in hopes that he would be one who it didn't really affect...my hopes did not come true. He cried so much and so loud. He was actually crying before the shots because we had to take his clothes off to weigh him...and I knew then that it would be awful. I had to move from his side to the head of the table in order for the nurses to stand beside him. He watched me through his tears and wouldn't take his eyes off of me. It was the first time he actually reached for me. Not only did his eyes and head follow me, but his arm did as well. It was a desperate reach for me to rescue him from what was happening...and I wanted to so bad. That evening when Neal and I were putting on his pajamas he started to cry when we touched his little leg. It was red and a little swollen. He was trying so hard to be happy. He would start to smile and then his lip would quiver and he'd cry. I couldn't help but cry with him.
On a good note...he's grown so much!
11 pounds 6 ounces and 22 1/2 inches long! His head is 40 cm...such a smart boy:)
awwwee! I know what you mean! i hate it when they get there shots! in fact T just got his first shot and i made J stay with him at the table, cause I can't handle it. Poor mama!
ReplyDelete