Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Getting a Reputation of Prayer, and God Answering

After we first moved into our house here in Garden City, I posted about the opportunity I had to pray for the healing of my cleaner's (Sha) daughter. Since that time there's been Many healing prayers for that family. She often tells me about a family member that's sick, or a child with a fever, etc. and we always pray for them.

One particular day, she was in my house, and as usual I asked how she and her family were doing. She told me about the extreme pain she was having in her mouth because of a bad tooth. She said this pain started five years ago, and she's periodically taken medicine ever since. But, it had come back stronger than ever before and it was coupled with a headache this time.

I asked many questions in regards to money and getting the tooth pulled, etc. I wanted to understand the complete problem so that if it was just a lack of money then I would be able to help pay for the dentist bill. It wasn't though, she's too afraid to get her tooth pulled, so she won't do it even though the dentist says that's what's needed. I can't say I blame her though for having a fear of that procedure, especially knowing the kind of dentist she goes to.

So, I told her I wanted to pray for her healing before she left my house. She proceeded to remind me three different times that I was going to pray for her before she left :) Then when she was all finished I laid hands on her and asked God to take away her pain and to heal her tooth and head in the name of Jesus. This was all in Urdu, so I think that's what I said, although I'm terrible with their prayer language because they use different words and phrases only for prayer.

Well, apparently God did understand my Urdu, or at least my heart :) The next day she came to my house and told me that as soon as she left, after I prayed, her pain was completely gone. Thank you, thank you God!!!

Two mornings ago I got a knock on my door. A woman, whom I've seen once or twice (she's a relative on Sha), was standing with her baby, young daughter, and Sha's daughter. When I opened the door she said that her baby has had a fever since the night before. Sha, my cleaner, told her to go to my house and I'd pray for the baby because when her kids have had fevers I've prayed and the kids have gotten well, the same with headaches, her tooth ache, etc. So, that's what I did. (The baby still needs prayer though because they're currently in the hospital because his fever is so high. I think he might have Dengue,which is spreading like crazy. So, if you read this within a week or two of when I'm writing it please join me in praying for this baby's healing.)

Thirty minutes later, another woman arrived telling me Sha had told her the same thing. She brought her baby who had been crying a lot in the last few days and they weren't sure why. I prayed for that baby as well.

Let me say praise the Lord! I'm no one special and I want to give all glory to God for His great works, and His great fame! Whenever Sha tells me of an answered prayer, I'm quick to give God all the glory because He's the one doing everything. I want so much for Sha and her family to come to know the one true God and His son. I'm asking that He will continue to answer pray, and that He will receive the glory, and use those to magnify Himself.


Here's a picture with the woman and her son who has the fever. Again, pray with me for complete healing for this little boy who currently is in the hospital with a 103 fever, no appetite, but praise God he's willing to drink to stay some what hydrated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment