When we heard that Starbucks came to Delhi we, especially me (Kristen), were way too overjoyed. I love Starbucks! I'm not the biggest coffee drinker, but I love the Starbucks caramel frappiccino and the whole environment of a coffee shop. Drinking Starbucks was something that I had to give up when moving across the world. I did get to visit one in Thailand on a visa run, but other than that it had been over a year.
It did my heart so much good to walk into the coffee embellished aroma that I'd been missing!
They gave Elijah his own little cup with whip cream in it, and he loved it!
The shop was really cool! I'd never seen one like it before. It was two stories with a coffee shop feel, but with both American and Indian culture tied together. There was a rustic atmosphere, and they had pictures of the Indian people making everything by hand that went on the walls, ceiling, etc.
We waited 20 minutes in line just to get inside cause it was so packed. Then we waited another 20 minutes or so to find an open seat. There was such a sweet couple who saw me, with my pregnant belly, waiting for a seat while Neal and Elijah were getting our drinks. They saw that so many other people were jumping in front of me to get seats cause they were impatient, aggressive, and standing by people till they got up, also not staying in line, which is typical in India. When the couple noticed this they called me over, had their daughter sit in a seat with them, and gave me her seat along with one of their tables. I was very grateful for their kindness!
This was the awesome map on the wall (which was like almost two stories tall) showing where Starbucks was started and where it ended up in India. It was a great idea!
Thank you God for being so sweet to us to give us something so familiar and something that You know would help our hearts! Such blessing!




No comments:
Post a Comment